CEO Roundtable - Methane Emissions from the Oil & Gas Industry - Al Attiyah Foundation
Earlier this week, the CEO Roundtable organized by the Al-Attiyah Foundation took place in Doha, Qatar. 'Methane Emissions from the Oil & Gas Industry'was the main topic during this 2-day event. One of the special guest speakers was Chairman of the Board Frederik Rengers, who gladly shared his expertise in this field.
Discussion points on methane emissions during this event included:
- Standardised approach to monitoring, measuring, and reporting of methane emissions from the gas industry
- Advances in technology and improved operational efficiency, aimed at reducing methane emissions
- Mitigation of methane emissions from the oil and gas sector, as an effective strategy for contributing to global effort to deliver on the Paris Agreement and to attain a number of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Harnessing the opportunities to improve efficiency in the gas supply chain from source to use
- Identifying and engaging the entire stock of knowledge available globally to achieve the economic benefits of good mitigation strategy for methane emissions
The CEO Roundtable was also discussed in this week's Gulf Times: https://www.gulf-times.com/story/626428/Qatar-in-forefront-of-efforts-to-cut-methane-emissions-Al-Attiyah-Foundation-official
More details on how The Sniffers can help you with reducing methane emissions?
Frederik Rengers has been CEO of WTS Energy since 2007 and Chairman of the Board of The Sniffers Company since February 2018.
Before this he worked for Schlumberger Oilfield Services in Scotland, Venezuela and the US Gulf of Mexico in different technical and management positions in the Wireline & Well Testing Group. Holding a MSc in Petroleum Engineering / Reservoir Engineering from Delft University of Technology, in the Netherlands. Frederik is an experienced Chief Executive Officer with a very strong focus on the Global Energy and Oil and Gas Industry in Africa, The Middle East, Europe and the Americas. Frederik has been participating in many panel discussions and events on Human Resources, Capability Building in the Energy business. Local Content Development and Training. He has been involved in a number of initiatives on Fugitive Emissions, Methane Measurements, Air Quality, Greenhouse Gasses, Energy Transition.
Date: 19/03 - 20/03
Time slot: 10.15 am - 12.15 pm
Location: The Four Seasons Hotel, Doha, Qatar
Convinced about the opportunities for your company?
Contact us now for a safer and greener environment