Pipeline Corrosion Protection
The Sniffers provides a full spectrum of Cathodic protection- and non-destructive coating survey techniques.
Buried pipelines are subject to external corrosion caused by the soil environment. External coating and cathodic protection systems are in place to protect the pipelines as part of the corrosion integrity management.
Both systems, the pipeline coating and the Cathodic Protection (CP) system, need to be monitored to avoid malfunctions, the beginning of corrosion, or even worse a leak on a weak spot of the pipeline.
Cathodic Protection Survey techniques:
- ON-potential data logging (basic survey)
- ON/OFF potential data logging (e.g. 24h measurements), which can be tailored to the specific situation or request
- Close interval potential (CIP) survey (over the line advanced survey)
Non-destructive Coating Survey techniques:
- direct current voltage gradient (DCVG) survey
- Pearson survey (ACVG)
- impressed current measurements or pipeline current mapping (PCM)
Based on the several techniques mentioned above mastered by The Sniffers, the critical pipeline locations or inadequate CP systems are visualized and proper maintenance activities can be performed.
More information about Pipeline Corrosion Protection
Convinced about the opportunities for your company?
Contact us now for a safer and greener environment