NEW - Turnaround Acceleration Services
The Sniffers has a series of dedicated inspection services addressing the specific challenges of a turnaround.
Turnarounds and shutdowns are essential for:
- continuous operations in refineries, petrochemical plants and chemical plants
- cost reduction in terms of lost production
- realization of long-term benefits
- compliance with the annual maintenance budget
When to execute turnaround inspections
Some inspection activities are executed:
- before shutdown, to identify the components that need further maintenance
- during turnaround, to speed up the installation activities
- during startup of production, leak detection inspections are rolled out to accelerate the leak-free & incident-free startup of production
Turnaround inspections techniques
Depending on the specifics of the production installation and the objectives of the turnaround, The Sniffers applies the following techniques:
- Ultrasonic inspection of steam lines and flare or vent lines, pressure relief valves or internal passing valves
- Ultrasonic leak detection of all opened equipment resulting in a fast and accurate detection that replaces time-consuming and inaccurate soap tests or expensive helium tests
- Wall thickness measurement of pipes or walls
- Thermographic inspection of furnaces, cooling equipment, process components, electrical installations, under insulation components, underground pipelines, etc…
- Leak detection with gas camera or PID/FID leak detection equipment
- Ultrasonic leak detection on N2, compressed air or vacuum lines
These techniques and services enable the maintenance team to focus their efforts on the key critical components. Effective inspection services guarantee fast and safe production startups.
More information about Turnaround Acceleration Services
Convinced about the opportunities for your company?
Contact us now for a safer and greener environment